Rubber Side Sticks
Stabilise Your Forme
Pack of 4
£3.00The stores are now closed - but if you're struggling to source something then please do get in touch and we'll try to help.
Inaccurate justifaction, dodgy type, box borders? Our rubber side sticks might help. Use them at the end of lines (as shown above, with furniture) to help take up the slack.
To save space in the forme, our new Side Sticks are thinner than the old blue stock shown in the picture. They now feature an even grippier surface to hold your type snugly in place.
- Pack of 4.
- Roughly the same height as furniture
- New stock is now 6pt thick and now 36em long.
- Easy to cut to length.
- Use the grippy textured side against the type and smooth side against the furniture.
- Synthetic rubber for a long life.
- Ideal for new compositors or anyone who struggles with justification.
- Helps compensate for the mathematical jumble caused by box borders or mixing blocks with type in the same forme.
- Reduces strain on the chase; cast iron chases can (and do) crack if you do the quoins up too tightly.
- Skill level: All. Especially recommended for beginners.
- UK delivery only.
All sizes and weights are approximate.
You Might Also Like...
- Make-Ready Tissue £2.00
- @ Signs 6 pack £2.50
- Getting Started with Letterpress
- NEW: 'Other Voices of the British Isles' £16.00
- Find a Letterpress Museum Near You